Suzanne worked in Children’s Social Care as a Social Worker and Manager for 15 years in the UK before moving to the Cayman Islands in 2014 and now represents Chatterbox as an Independent Social Worker.
Her independent work includes undertaking a range of child centred assessments within public and private law. Suzanne specialises in preparing welfare reports for matters relating to contact/custody issues; in such cases, Suzanne provides mediation between parents/family members and supervised contact.
In addition, Suzanne offers family support services to both children and adults, providing therapeutic and practical solutions, advice and guidance. She also has significant experience working directly with special needs children and their families.
Suzanne’s practice is underpinned by relevant legislation and research; she is an experienced trainer and has undertaken applicable post qualifying awards to enable best practice and continued registration as a social worker.
Suzanne joined the Chatterbox team in June 2015 as a Family Support Social Worker, providing a variety of services to children and families. The family support role is a vital link for families to help co-ordinate services and ensure that everything is running smoothly at home and school.
Suzanne can visit your child at home or school and provide support for the needs of anyone in your family.
Suzanne can provide the following services, but please ask if you think there is something else you need…We are here to help!
- An initial assessment to determine what support is needed.
- Co-ordination and liaison between parents, schools and other professionals.
- Support in managing a child’s social, health and educational needs.
- Advocacy for children with special needs and their families.
- Behavioural management support within the home and/or school.
- Parenting support – emotional and practical.
- Social clubs to promote social inclusion, help build confidence, learn new skills and form friendships.
- Therapeutic groups and/or individual sessions with children.
- To work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, where possible.
- Respite care.
As well as family support, Suzanne is involved in education and training to raise awareness of children with special needs within safeguarding procedures.
She is also commissioned to write organisational policy documents relating to safeguarding children and the mandatory reporting of abuse, in accordance with the Children Law (2012 Revision).
For more information about the family support services available, please click on the link below for an overview of what we have to offer:
Chatterbox is offering a research based, post disclosure programme, that provides therapeutic support to children aged between 5-17, who have experienced sexual abuse.
MOVING ON helps children who have been sexually abused to recover.To refer a child to MOVING ON or to find out more about our programme, contact Suzanne on 949 7065 or email@example.com